1. Faith is Alive at Saint Christopher Academy. The whole child - mind, body, and soul - is formed and nurtured at Saint Christopher's. Guided and inspired by the Catholic faith, our academy strives to give each student a strong moral compass, an understanding of eternal truths, and an invitation to have a personal relationship with God. Our spiritual life is nourished through daily prayer and devotionals, bi-monthly Masses at St. Christopher Parish, daily theology class, service projects, Eucharistic adoration and Confessions.
Students can share and express their faith in an environment of respect and support among classmates, teachers, and staff. They are encouraged to use their gifts and abilities to serve God and neighbor, which opens the horizon for a happy and fulfilling life in whichever vocation they are called.
2. Character development begins in pre-kindergarten and extends to grade 8. No child is too young to learn to be a saint! Through specific character development and virtues programming, Christian service opportunities, and strong family participation, we nurture students to lead by example, and to live their lives with integrity and concern for others.
3. Families come from 15 different communities and are of 12 different faiths. While fully grounded in the traditions of the Catholic Church and offering an authentically Catholic education, Saint Christopher Academy welcomes students of all faiths. The many different backgrounds of our families allow students to better understand the world around them. Our students respect each other and appreciate their role as members of a much larger community.
4. Teachers are not constrained by Common Core requirements. Our high-quality faculty works hard to offer an excellent education and coordinate academic succession from year to year. They cover material in ways that address student strengths and weaknesses. In our highly collaborative environment, teachers share successful methods with each other and are supported by a robust professional development program.
5. Students are challenged to excel academically at all stages of their Saint Christopher education. Our dynamic lower campus staff challenges students in reading, writing, oral expression, mathematics, social studies and science, as well as Spanish, computer science, library skills, art, music, and physical education. For our youngest learners, the Daily 5 literacy program strengthens reading and writing skills and fosters independence. A 5th and 6th grade accelerated math program challenges older students who demonstrate special aptitude and interest in mathematics. And, a
robust STEM curriculum provides additional avenues to discover the joys of research and knowledge.
Students at the upper campus are called to sharpen their academic knowledge and aptitude through rigorous courses and experiences. An exciting combination of technology, innovation, and project-based learning is the springboard for student inquiry and success. Honors programming, as well as advanced academic offerings through a local Catholic high school, provide excelling students with additional challenges.
6. We develop student leaders who are called to mentor others, model strong values, and form new relationships. Through the Buddy program at the lower campus, every older student is paired with a younger student so that everyone has a buddy. Students visit each other regularly to enjoy projects, events, and each others’ company. Older students learn how to mentor, and what it means to take on leadership roles and set good examples. Younger students learn how to form new relationships and understand that they are cared for by all in the Saint Chris community.
Students at the upper campus engage in a formal emerging leadership program and have the opportunity to participate in student government and the Junior National Honor Society. In many extracurricular clubs and activities, older students hold leadership roles and guide younger students.
7. Ease of mind for parents is a high priority. Being a parent isn’t always easy. We listen to the challenges facing our parents and quickly respond to their needs and concerns. Our Before and After Care programs offer flexible scheduling, and secure bus transportation is available throughout the city of Nashua. Student safety always remains a priority, with regular staff training, consultation with local law enforcement, and security enhancements on each campus.
8. Community is at the heart of our Saint Christopher Academy culture. As families do, we look for opportunities to have fun together and build relationships. Traditions such as the BBQ (attended by over 300 people each year!), the Annual Auction, the Christmas Tree Lighting, Lessons and Carols, the Father Daughter Dance, Drama Club productions, and the STEM Fair celebrate the shared Saint Christopher experience.
9. A wide array of extracurricular, enrichment, and athletic opportunities round out the Saint Christopher Academy experience. Students have the option to explore different interests and discover their hidden talents beyond the classroom. Saint Christopher offers activities galore including the Drama Club, FIRST Lego League team, You Be the Chemist, Art Club, and others. Athletics are also an important part of student life. Students may participate in developmental programs in cross country, Ski Club, basketball, and more. Students in grades 6 through 8 may also be part of competitive athletic teams through our membership in the CYO and Tri-county leagues.
10. Regular communication strengthens the partnership between the Academy and our parents. Weekly emails and an online calendar detail upcoming Academy events and provide other important information. Teachers maintain classroom pages on our website and are always happy to speak with individual parents through email, over the phone, and in person. Our website and social media accounts are updated often to include new messages and stories about current happenings. Our active online communities on Instagram and Facebook engage parents, friends, and alumni with a wide variety of photographs and videos of all that we do. Finally, our upper campus parents may connect with the Academy and teachers through the parent portal.