NEW! Thank You! Thank you to all of the parents who were able to join us for our masses for the Solemnity of the Immaculate Conception on December 8. We loved having you pray with us!
TONIGHT! Christmas Show - All families are invited!
THE GREATEST MESSAGE
presented by the Saint Christopher Academy Drama Club
featuring the Saint Christopher Academy Band, Chorus, and Strings Ensemble
with special music by the Lower Campus students!
TONIGHT! Wednesday, December 14
6:30 PM in the Upper Campus Gym/Auditorium
Join us as we use God's gifts of music, drama, and song to share the Gospel through the traditional Christmas story with a modern flair!
LAST CALL! DEADLINE TODAY! Ski Club Registration for BOTH Campuses – It’s that time again! Ski Club sign-up time! Winter is fast approaching and we will be starting our ski program in January this year. We will be going to Crotched Mountain. This year, Ski Club will be a 7-week program, running from 4:00 - 8:00 PM on Fridays starting January 13! There will be 5 weeks of lessons and 2 weeks of free skiing. Cost is $289, or $149 for season pass holders. All sign-ups are made through the Crotched website directly HERE. Deadline to register is now December 14th.
Please make sure you have registered with Crotched Mountain (if needed) AND filled out the Ski Club Selection Form HERE no later than December 14. Please complete the form for each student in your family. This form confirms your student’s Ski Club participation in lessons, rentals, bus, etc. and is REQUIRED for all Ski Club participants.
UPDATED! Enrollment for current students for the 2023-2024 school year is now OPEN - Our 2023-2024 enrollment window for CURRENT students is now open through January 15! A $150 registration fee is required when submitting the packet. Completing the enrollment packet guarantees your student will have a seat for the 2023-2024 school year. Students who are not enrolled by January 15 may lose their seat to a new student.
Note: The enrollment email is sent to only ONE parent to avoid duplication of enrollment packets in the Renweb system. If you did not receive an enrollment email, please check your spam folder! You can also go directly to the enrollment packet by following these directions:
- Click HERE to go to the FACTS Family Portal login page.
- Our District Code is SCA-NH. Type in your username and password.
- After logging in, click on Apply/Enroll in the left menu.
- Click on the Enrollment/Reenrollment link.
- The Online Enrollment system will open with a link to the registration/enrollment packet. Your information will be saved if you need to quit and come back later.
If you have questions, please contact Enrollment Coordinator, Lorrice Bedard, at [email protected].
UPDATED! Nurse Absence/Illness Reminder - Like other schools around the country, we have seen an increase in the number of illnesses affecting our students over the past few weeks. These illnesses include COVID, RSV, flu, strep, etc., all of which are highly communicable. Because of this, our nurses would like to remind parents of the following:
- Please keep any student who has a fever at home until he or she is fever free WITHOUT medication (tylenol, advil, cold medicine) for 24 hours.
- If your child has a fever or is sick enough to stay home from school (including stomach issues), please test for COVID and let our nurses know the results. While we do not require a COVID test, it is very helpful in controlling exposure if we know if a child is positive or not.
- If your child is staying home from school, please leave specific information when calling/emailing him or her in sick to school. This should include student name and homeroom, symptoms and any testing results. Again, it is imperative that our nurses are aware of any illnesses in the school so that we can monitor school-wide conditions and control exposure for all students as much as possible.
- If your student will be out of school for any other reason besides illness (doctor appointment, vacation, etc.), please be as specific as possible when calling/emailing your child out. Be sure to note your child’s name and homeroom. If this will be an extended absence (ie, for vacation), please indicate when the child will return to school.
7th Grade Field Trip Lunch Credit - Our 7th grade will be traveling to the Palace Theater tomorrow, December 15 for a matinee performance of A Christmas Carol…how exciting! Because of the timing of the show, hot lunch will not be available for 7th grade students (6th and 8th grade will have lunch as usual). Students will be bringing a bag lunch to be eaten upon return to school. A hot lunch credit has been applied in Boonli for any 7th grade student who ordered lunch that day.
DEADLINE TOMORROW! Hot Lunch Ordering and Cost Increase - Ordering for January Hot Lunch is now open, and runs through midnight TOMORROW, December 15 on Boonli.com. Due to increased cost, our caterer, Celebrations, is increasing hot lunch prices at both campuses by 50¢ per meal. Lunches at the lower campus will be $4.00 and lunches at the upper campus will be $5.00 starting January 1st.
Food Allergy Reminder - As we draw closer to Christmas and holiday parties, we ask that parents/guardians reach out before sending in treats to school that have not been specifically requested by teachers for class parties. Any students with allergies who will need accommodations can reach out to our school nurses, Mrs. Sheehan ([email protected]) at the lower campus or Miss Thibault ([email protected]) at the upper campus. Our parent-student handbook also has a lengthy section discussing food allergies and how we handle them at Saint Chris and parents are encouraged to read that section carefully. Lower campus parents can find that information starting on page 29 in the handbook HERE and upper campus parents can find it starting on page 29 in the handbook HERE. Thank you for your cooperation in keeping our students safe!
NEXT WEEK! Christmas Free Dress - Our classrooms will be fun and festive over the last two days of school with TWO Christmas free dress days! On Monday, December 19, all students on both campuses are welcome to wear their favorite red, green, and white free dress. On Tuesday, December 20, lower campus students will have a PJ day as part of an extra special surprise being planned by their teachers. Upper campus students may also wear PJ’s on Tuesday, as long as they have donated a pair of pajamas to our Advent service project (see the next news item!). For both days, all students should keep in mind our free dress guidelines outlined in the parent-student handbook!
DEADLINE NEXT WEEK! Pajama Drive to benefit The Pass Along Project – The Pass Along Project collects and distributes clothing bundles to children who enter the foster system. We will be collecting new pajamas for these children who often arrive at a foster home with nothing. Please click HERE for specific instructions! Families on both campuses are urged to participate!
December and January Calendar Notes -- Looking ahead to December and January, we have a few schedule notes for your calendar:
- NEXT WEEK! Our last day of school before Christmas vacation will be Tuesday, December 20.
- Our first day back to school after Christmas vacation will be Tuesday, January 3.
- There will by NO After Care on Thursday, January 5 so teachers can enjoy their Christmas party!
- We will have NO school on Monday, January 16 in observance of Martin Luther King Jr Day.
NEW! Auction Sponsors – We are excited to announce FOUR amazing sponsors who have already stepped up to support our Auction! Many, many thanks to:
Your business or family can join this wonderful group of supporters by also becoming an Auction sponsor! In addition to our established leveled sponsorships, we can customize sponsorships or you can sponsor important parts of the Auction…think dessert, drinks, or centerpiece sponsor! For more information, click HERE or contact Marta Nissen at [email protected].
NEW! Snow Days! The snow will be flying soon, so we want to remind everyone of how they will be informed of a snow day! Parents will receive a robocall and/or text message, as well as an email. In addition, any closures or delays will be posted on WMUR Channel 9 and 95.7 WZID, as well as the school Facebook page and Instagram.
Please note that our notification system is not foolproof….power and internet outages may interfere with delivery of the text messages and emails and we will post the information as soon as we are able. Thank you for your understanding!
Delayed Openings - Delayed openings are 2 hours. When there is a delayed opening, there is no school for the AM Pre-K. Paid Before Care will take place on both campuses starting at 8:30 AM. Lower campus doors open at 10:30 AM for regular drop-off and school starts at 10:50 AM. Upper campus doors are open for regular drop-off at 9:30 AM and school starts at 9:55 AM. Note: There is no lower campus fiddle squad on delayed opening days.
Hot Lunch Volunteers - Thank you to our fabulous Hot Lunch volunteers! The schedule for the next week is:
Thursday, December 15
LC: Tina Bruno, Sadie Presenti, Lori Gordon
UC: Katie Osborn, Nadra Bell
Friday, December 16
LC: Heather McCorry, Sarah Clauss, Loni Rooney
UC: Tarrah Ledoux, Meredith McCully
Monday, December 19
LC: Lisa Censabella, Sadie Presenti, Alison Nardone, Stacy Driesen
UC: Carrie Ayers, Marge Decato
Tuesday, December 20
LC: Tina Bruno, Sadie Presenti, John Lynch, Anju Kurian
UC: Luci Foppa, Sue-Ellen Maher
Wednesday, December 21 - January 2
LC: NO SCHOOL! Christmas Vacation!
UC: NO SCHOOL! Christmas Vacation
January Hot Lunch Volunteers - Looking ahead….
Tuesday, January 3
LC: Tina Bruno, Sadie Presenti, Hanna Sullivan
UC: Elizabeth Cyran, Sue-Ellen Maher
Wednesday, January 4
LC: Mary Schreiner, Sadie Presenti, Luci Foppa
UC: Rebecca Small, Desiree Sullivan
NEW Lower Campus Hot Lunch Volunteer Shift - We are in need of a volunteer to cover the remaining shifts for a lower campus parent who has had a change in schedule! Dates for the Hot Lunch shift would be the following Tuesdays: 1/10, 2/7, 3/14, 4/11, and 5/16. If you can step in for that shift, please email Marta at [email protected].
Popcorn Poppers: Our fabulous popcorn poppers for the week are Alayna Zucchi and Arthur Carew.
Advent and Christmas Schedule at St. Christopher Parish – Families are invited to join St. Christopher Parish during Advent and Christmas. Please see the schedule below!
- Eucharistic Adoration and Confessions – Mondays of Advent ~ 6:00 pm to 7:00 pm
- Christmas Eve – Saturday, December 24th at 4:00 pm in Church and Church Hall and Midnight Mass at 12:00 am.
- Christmas Day - Sunday, December 25th at 9:30 am. (Please note there are no 8 and 10 am Masses on Sunday, December 25)
- Solemnity of Mary, Mother of God Vigil – Saturday, December 31st at 4:00 pm
- Solemnity of Mary, Mother of God – Sunday, January 1st ~ 8:00 am and 10:00 am
- Epiphany Sunday Vigil – Saturday, January 7th at 4:00 pm
- Epiphany Sunday – Sunday, January 8th at 8:00 am and 10:00 am