NEW! Teacher Fair -- Spread the word! We are looking for teachers and substitutes to join our fabulous faculty on both our upper and lower campuses next year! Our Spring Teacher Fair will take place Wednesday, April 14 from 5:00 to 7:30 PM at the upper campus. Teachers with certification from grades prekindergarten through grade 8 are encouraged to apply. We are also looking for daily and long term substitutes, as well as After Care teachers. During the Teacher Fair, applicants will have a mini-interview with Mrs. Clarke. Applicants should complete the Diocesan Teacher Application HERE prior to the Teacher Fair. For more information, please contact Mrs. Clarke at firstname.lastname@example.org.
NEW! TONIGHT! Music in Our Catholic Schools -- Our upper campus band and chorus members will be participating virtually in Bishop Guertin's music program's concert tonight at 6:30 PM celebrating Music In Our Catholic Schools. You can view the program HERE. Our band and chorus are scheduled to perform first in the program.
Financial Aid Applications for 2021-2022 – With the announcement of the discontinuation of the Catholic Student Supported Tuition Rate Program (see the letter emailed this week from Superintendent David Thibault HERE), we especially encourage families to apply for Financial Aid for the 2021-2022 school year NOW. This early application process allows us to plan accordingly for increased financial aid needs. To apply, parents must do the following in this order:
- Apply to the Children's Scholarship Fund HERE if eligible. (The eligibility rules are listed on the Children's Scholarship Fund website) The Children's Scholarship Fund is a source of financial assistance for families in need in NH. Awards are made on a first come, first served basis, so parents are encouraged to apply early.
- Apply to St. Christopher School Financial Aid through the Financial section (in the right blue menu) in your Family Portal (click on the link under “Financial Links” on the right side of the window). The level of Saint Christopher School Financial Aid is determined by FACTS. Please be aware that Saint Christopher Financial Aid will take into account any award from the Children's Scholarship Fund when awarding aid to families.
Summer Vacation Dates -- Now that we are reasonably sure that we are past the most difficult of the winter weather (fingers crossed!), we are able to set our schedule for the final days of school! Please note that we did have to add some days to the calendar because we missed a number of extra days during the school year due to weather and COVID complications. The schedule is:
-- Final day for 8th grade students
-- Final day for 5th and 6th grade students
-- 8th grade graduation in evening (details to come)
-- Final day for prekindergarten and kindergarten students
-- 5th and 6th grade ceremonies (details to come)
-- Final day for grades 1-4 and grade 7. This will be an Early Release Day with grade 7 released at 11:30 and grades 1-4 released at 12:00 PM.
Lower Campus Tech Note - We continue to experience intermittent internet issues this week at the lower campus. Mrs. Litch and Comcast continue to work on a resolution to the problem!
NEW! Water Bottle Reminder - How blessed we’ve been with the warmer weather this week! Please remember to send your child with a water bottle or two each day as our water bubblers are not operational due to COVID restrictions. Hint: Freeze one bottle of water. It will melt, but remain cold, as the day goes on!
Reminder -- Spring Sports Tryouts - Due to the closure of the Upper campus, all open gym, extracurricular activities have been suspended until we return to campus. Please feel free to contact Interim Athletic Director Paul Williams with any further questions at: email@example.com
- In light of the closure, sign-ups for tryouts for spring sports will be submitted electronically
- 6th, 7th and 8Th grades: Baseball/Softball/Golf and Track & Field (Track is a no-cut sport)
- Interested athletes please send an email to the athletic department at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Include student name, grade and sport that your child will be trying out for.
- Tryouts will start the week of March 29th
- Specific Days and time for each tryout will be announced in the coming days
- If there are any lingering Covid related absences during the tryout period please contact AD Williams
- We will offer extra tryout days if a student is still in an isolation situation
NEW! April 1 Uniform Changes - April 1st brings some changes to our school uniform policy:
- Boys may now wear the navy blue twill uniform shorts. Socks must be navy or plain white (no sports socks).
- Both boys and girls may wear the navy blue gym shorts on their gym day. Gym sweatpants do not need to be worn over the shorts.
- Boys and Girls may wear the khaki twill uniform shorts.
- Girls: Shorts can be no more than three inches above the knee. Socks must be navy or white knee socks.
- Boys: Shorts cannot be longer than one inch below the knee. Socks (navy or black) or white socks only that show above the sneaker or shoe must be worn. Socks can have small logos like the NIKE swoosh, but otherwise cannot have logos, stripes, or blocks. Socks must be worn at all times.
- Boys and Girls - Navy or red colored “golf style” (long or short sleeve) shirt with current Saint Christopher Academy logo may be worn.
- Boys and Girls - Navy blue gym shorts may be worn on gym days.
- Boys and Girls on Mass Day - Students must wear their dress uniform on mass days. This includes the twill shirt for both boys and girls (with a tie for boys). Boys should wear their twill khaki uniform pants and girls may either wear their skorts or the twill khaki pants.
Please note: Spirit wear is not considered to be part of the school uniform. Therefore, students are welcome to wear these items on school or personal free dress days or on official Spirit Days.
NEW! FINAL Hot Lunch Ordering – Hot Lunch ordering for May and the first week of June will be open on Booli.com beginning April 1st and will run through April 15. Hot Lunch will end on Thursday, June 3 at both campuses. This is the last Hot Lunch ordering period for the school year! As of Monday, June 7, all students on both campuses must bring a bag lunch through the end of the year!
Easter Break - Mark your calendar now for our upcoming Easter Break! There will be NO SCHOOL on both Good Friday, April 2, and Easter Monday, April 5!
April Vacation - We will also be closed from April 26 to April 30 for our annual April vacation!
Teacher of the Year - The Catholic Schools Office is looking for nominations for their Teacher and Clergy of the Year awards for 2021! For more information or to nominate one of our fabulous faculty, please visit HERE! Deadline is April 9.
CMC Heart to Hands Scholarship for grades 7 - 12: Catholic Medical Center, in cooperation with the Diocese of Manchester Catholic Schools Office is offering its 2nd annual Heart to Hands Scholarship for students in grades 7 to 12. The scholarship is open to any student who attends a Diocesan or parish Catholic school! The one-time scholar-ship awards are:
- Junior high student (grades 7-8): $1,500
- High school student (grades 9-12): $2,500
The application is available at https://www.catholicnh.org/schools/visitors/scholarships/
Calendar Schedule Change- The Diocese has informed us that our teachers will be attending a professional development program on the afternoon of June 4. Therefore, we will be making June 4 an Early Release Day. More details to come.
Bidder Registration and Item Sneak Peek open April 1
Online Auction open for bids from May 8 to May 15
Live event streamed on May 15 from 6:00 - 6:30 PM
Online bidding ends on May 15 at 10:00 PM
UPDATED! Donations: Help make this online event fun, exciting, and a great success! Item donations are always needed and appreciated!
We are particularly in need of gift cards to local businesses and restaurants. These are always popular items and supporting our local economy is so very important! Gift cards can be in any denomination.
To donate, please complete the online donation form at the bottom of the page HERE, then send your donation in to school by April 1. Thank you!
Sponsors and Advertising: Sponsors of the auction receive a variety of benefits for their support, depending on their level of sponsorship. If you or your business are interested in being a sponsorship, see the information HERE to view the possibilities!
Thank you to our Bronze sponsors….
Center for Physical Therapy and Exercise
Smith and Heald Funeral Home
Dave and Ellen Valade
NEW! Special thanks to our Decked in Diamonds Sponsor
Teacher Appreciation: Aren’t our teachers GREAT? They've worked so hard all year long keeping our kids safe and helping them learn and grow even under these challenging circumstances. Show them how much you appreciate their efforts by treating them to a very special catered lunch, gifts, and prizes on May 14, the day before our virtual Live event! Teacher Appreciation sponsorships are $25 each and can be purchased online HERE (scroll down toward the bottom!).
Thank you to Teacher Appreciation Sponsors:
Eleni Eliades, Katherine Shrieves, Luc Sirois & Faby Gagne, Kelly Ciardelli, Paul Schmitt, Erica Lilley, Lori Szydlik, Julie Phelan, Kristina Gilmer, Tracey Bradshaw, Fred Daniels & Nancy Trask, Mel & Kathy Speidel, Michaela Zebrak, Diane Gear, Barrett & Jessica Brown, Erin Mello, Corey & Jamie Gregoire, George & Jennifer Torosian, Quang & Emily Uong, Ed & Michelle Canto, Rachel & Dan Ricker, Deb Matson-Champagne, Michele Hope, Frank & Amy Teas, and Krista Radford.
Wildcat Pride Tuition Raffle: NEW this year! For the first time ever, our online auction will include a very special raffle for a FULL Academy tuition for the 2021-2022 school year! Tickets will be $50 each and only available from the online auction when the website is live from May 8 through May 15!
Greater Nashua Little League - Registration for the Greater Nashua Little League 2021 season is now open. Tryouts dates have passed, but the league is still actively accepting registrations. For more information, please click HERE.
NEW! Holy Week and Easter at St. Christopher Parish: Families are welcome to join the St. Christopher Parish community next week for both Holy Week and Easter! The schedule is: